- Embraced the "Go Green" philosophy by harvesting solar energy from the sun through photovoltaic cells. Registered for Solar Power Generation with the Sustainable Energy Development Authority (SEDA).
- Acidchem achieved GMP Q7A certification from National Pharmaceutical Control Bureau (NPCB)
- Acidchem, Derichem and Pan-Century Oleochemicals achieved RSPO SCCS certification.
- IOI Oleo won the Best Oleochemical Factory Award for the third time from the Malaysian Palm Oil Board (MPOB).
- Acidchem and Derichem achieved ISO 22000 and ISO 22716 certification.
- Pan-century Edible Oils achieved RSPO SCCS certification.
- Pan-Century Edible Oils commissioned a new 24,000 mt Bulking Installation.
- Acidchem completed migration to new ERP system, SAP.
- Acidchem received 2 Platinum, 1 Gold and 1 Silver for the Chemical Industries Council of Malaysia’s (CICM) Responsible Care Award.
- Acidchem filed the Drug Master File for Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient (API) to FDA.
- Esterchem (M) Sdn Bhd will build a new 20,000 mt Fatty Ester and Specialty Oleo Derivative production facility.
- Became world’s largest oleochemical producer following its acquisition of Pan Centurty Edible Oils and Pan Century Oleochemicals.
- Entered a 40% joint-venture with Peter Greven of Germany to form Peter Greven Asia Sdn Bhd.
- Acidchem won the Best-In-Industry Company for the Commodity Industry from the Ministry of Plantation Industries and Commodities.
- IOI Oleochemical Industries Berhad is privatized by its parent company IOI Corporation Berhad.
- Acidchem achieved ISO 17025 accreditation.
- Acidchem achieved GMP B2+ certification.
- Acidchem achieved HACCP/GMP certification.
- Acidchem, Derichem & Stabilchem attained ISO 14001 and OSHAS 18001 accreditations.
- Derichem & Stabilchem achieved HACCP/GMP certification.
- Palmco Holdings Berhad changed its name to IOI Oleochemicals Industries Sdn Bhd to better reflect its identity as a member of the IOI Group.
- Acidchem’s Fifth Series of Fatty Acids & Glycerine Plant came on stream – 120,000 MT/annum. Biggest producer of Fatty Acids & Glycerine in Asia with a total capacity of 350,000 MT/annum.
- Expanded oil palm plantation businesses through acquisition of Unipamol (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd and Pamol Plantations Sdn Bhd. Total plantation hectarage increased to 29,000 hectares.
- Palmco became a subsidiary of IOI Corporation Berhad.